Thursday 1 August 2013

Review-Garnier Pure Active Anti-Spot Exfoliating Scrub

 
Today I am going to be reviewing a skin care product: it is the Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Active Intensive Anti-Spot Exfoliating Scrub. Woah there! Long name ain't it?  This has actually been renamed and repackaged recently, since I had bought the previous version, where it is described as a blackhead clearing scrub. I think it is much more appropriately named now, since I felt clearing spots is its best feature. I have been using this scrub for over six months and I really like it.
 
 
This scrub promises to fight spots, fade marks and removes impurities with results from day 1. I couldn't see noticeable results within the first day (although my skin felt a lot cleaner and "pure"). However within a few days I noticed my spots and blemishes were pretty much gone! I have fairly clear skin, especially since I have been using this scrub, and whenever I get the odd blemish or spot come up, I just apply this on to of it for a few days, and after a few days, it is gone!
 
As for ingredients, the 2 main ingredients advertised were Salicylic Acid (2%) and Herbasoothe. When I first bought this product, I was a little bit apprehensive because I have really sensitive skin and I didn't think any kind of acid would react well! Salicylic acid is a anti bacterial ingredient, and I definitely think that my skin felt clean and fresh after using it. I remember the first time I used it, it made my skin feel really cold (like a freezing feeling) and I thought I was reacting to it. So I quickly washed it off with water, and to my surprise my skin was fine! I hadn't experienced salicylic acid before, so it was quite a strange experience, however I realised the freezing feeling was just the ingredients being active and doing their job, it had left my skin feeling very clean and fresh. As for the Herbasoothe, it is an ingredient derived from blueberries which has soothing properties, and is used in this to help fade marks. To be honest, I wouldn't necessarily say this is a soothing scrub anyway, since it is describe as an intensive exfoliating scrub. Also, I don't think I have ever had a huge problem with marks, however, since I have been using this product, I haven't had any marks. But I'm not sure this is necessarily down to the herbasoothe, so I am not sure how effective this ingredient is. I think on the skin, the ingredients do feel very active, however I think it is very invigorating and fresh. It has left my skin unclogged and a lot cleaner, and think my pores are smaller, and my skin also feels smoother.
Here is a list of the ingredients:
 
 
I apply this to a damp face, and spread it all over and rub it in, in circular motions. I then leave it on for 2-5 minutes and then wash off with water.
 
 
The product comes out as a blue creamy consistency, with small blue exfoliating micro-beads in it. It is quite thick, however it is really light at the same time. The micro beads are (obviously) the exfoliating element. You can see in the photos that among the cream, there are actually some larger beads, and then some tiny blue balls also. I have never had a huge problem with blackheads, but in the past I did sometimes get patches of them on my nose, and since using this product, I haven't really seen any blackheads again, which is great! It has definitely unclogged my pores, and as I had said many times before, it has left my skin feeling fresh, clean and invigorated! I think if you want a more invigorating, and intensive exfoliator scrub, use small amounts of the product, because the product is quite creamy, so if you apply a lot, the beads get lost in the cream and don't really "scrub" the skin. Meanwhile, if you use a smaller amount, it really does go a long way and the beads spread across the skin more. This also means the product lasts a lot longer.
 
 
 
 
Overall, I am really happy with this product, and I can't really find any down sides. It's ingredients are active, however I have found it works well with my sensitive skin, and leaves my skin feeling very unclogged, clean, fresh and invigorated. It has left my skin feeling smoother and my pores are smaller. I haven't found any other exfoliating product that has worked with my skin without reacting, so I am really pleased I have found this. Garnier have a whole PureActive skincare range, and I have also tried another product which I also really like, so I will definitely check out more form this range. I think the product definitely does last a long time, and 150ml is a good amount of product. I have repurchased this before, and I will repurchase again, I really like it.
 
You can buy this product HERE
 
If you have any requests, let me know!
 
Genny xx

3 comments:

  1. Hey great review! A question, how many times a day do you think is good to use this? x

    ReplyDelete